How do you use levees in a sentence?
How do you use levees in a sentence?
Levee in a Sentence ?
- Rushing water broke the levee, flowing over the embankment and flooding the land that the wall was supposed to protect.
- A levee was created out of dirt and sandbags to keep creeping water from the Mississippi from flooding the fields.
What is a levee give an example?
The definition of a levee is a barrier or embankment designed to prevent the overflow of water onto land. Barriers set up in New Orleans that were designed to prevent the flow of water and that failed during Hurricane Katrina, causing flooding, are an example of levees.
What does levee mean?
1a : an embankment for preventing flooding. b : a river landing place : pier. 2 : a continuous dike or ridge (as of earth) for confining the irrigation areas of land to be flooded.
How do you use levy in a sentence?
Levy in a Sentence ?
- All countries that I am aware of maintain that the government has a right to levy taxes on its citizens.
- The Presidential candidate promised to levy a tax on foreign production in an effort to stimulate American manufacturing.
What is another word for Levy?
What is another word for levy?
How do you use invoke in a sentence?
Invoke sentence example
- An accused slave could not invoke the aid of the tribunes.
- invoke blessings upon his mother.
- His incompetent leadership made it necessary for the rebels to invoke the help of France.
- He is the patron of Brie, and gardeners invoke him as their protector.
- invoke a curse, or to have one lifted.
What does Envoked mean?
1 : to call forth or up: such as. a : to bring to mind or recollection this place evokes memories. b : to cite especially with approval or for support : invoke. c : conjure sense 2a evoke evil spirits.
What does it mean to invoke someone?
invoke somebody to make a request (for help) to someone, especially a god.
What means noticeable?
noticeable, remarkable, prominent, outstanding, conspicuous, salient, striking mean attracting notice or attention. noticeable applies to something unlikely to escape observation.
What’s another word for noticeable?
Some common synonyms of noticeable are conspicuous, outstanding, prominent, remarkable, salient, and striking.
How do you use noticeable in a sentence?
Use “noticeable” in a sentence | “noticeable” sentence examples
- It was noticeable that none of the family were present.
- The hole in your trousers is not noticeable.
- The smell was immediately noticeable when you walked in the front door.
- There’s been a noticeable improvement in his handwriting.
Is it noticeable or noticable?
The right answer is that it´s spelled noticeable, not noticable.
What is the difference between notable and noticeable?
Notable means worthy of comment. Noticeable means detectable.
Is truely a word?
Truly is the only acceptable way to spell the adverbial form of the adjective true. Truely is not an alternative spelling; it’s a common mistake.
What is meaning of retractable?
/rɪˈtræk.tə.bəl/ that can be pulled back or in: Cats have retractable claws. The house has a swimming pool with a retractable roof.
What is a retractable needle?
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) website explains how retractable needles work: “After the needle is used, an extra push on the plunger retracts the needle into the syringe, removing the hazard of needle exposure”.
How far does a needle go in for a shot?
The needle should be long enough to reach the muscle without penetrating the nerves and blood vessels underneath. Generally, needles should be 1 inch to 1.5 inches for an adult, and will be smaller for a child.
Do medical needles retract?
The needle is automatically retracted directly from the patient into the barrel of the syringe when the plunger handle is fully depressed. The pre-removal, automated retraction virtually eliminates exposure to the contaminated needle, effectively reducing the risk of needlestick injury.
Is there a retractable syringe?
The spring-retractable syringe, VanishPoint, was created to prevent needlestick injuries and ameliorate other unsafe injection practices. The conventional syringe leaves the needle exposed after the injection is complete.
Who makes retractable syringe?
In order to improve the safety of healthcare staff by preventing NSIs, C-Major Medical is developing products based on our innovative and unique patented approach to the safe retraction of needles.
Who makes VanishPoint syringe?
Medline Industries, Inc.
Does the needle go all the way in?
Clean the flat surface with alcohol and let air dry. Wash your hands with antibacterial soap □ Set supplies on the flat surface. injection site? Answer: Yes, the needle needs to go in all the way.
What are the 3 types of injections?
The three main types of injections include:
- Subcutaneous (into the fat layer between the skin and muscle)
- Intramuscular (deep into a muscle)
- Intravenous (through a vein)
When giving a shot do you stick the needle all the way in?
Place the syringe at a 90-degree angle to the shot site. The needle should stand straight up from the skin. Quickly push the needle all the way into the pinched-up fold of skin. Push the plunger of the syringe all the way in.
What happens if you tense up during a shot?
If you’re tense, it can make a shot hurt more — especially if you tense up the area where you’re getting the shot.
Which is the most painful injection?
Cervical Cancer Vaccine Called Most Painful Shot.