Is it correct to say my bad?
Is it correct to say my bad?
Yes, “my bad” is a proper English phrase. It is an apology; when you say “my bad”, you’re basically saying, “I admit a mistake” or “my fault, sorry for that”. Wiktionary says: (colloquial) (idiomatic) My fault; mea culpa.
What is the meaning of my bad?
US informal. used for saying that you accept that you are wrong or that something is your fault: “You brought the wrong book.” “Okay, my bad.
Where did phrase my bad come from?
Pick-up basketball slang spread by Manute Bol, a basketball player of Sudanese origin playing with the Golden State Warriors. Subsequently adopted by teammates.
What’s another word for my bad?
What is another word for my bad?
|my fault||I am to blame|
|I stand corrected||well played|
What is the best way to say sorry to Mom?
- Acknowledge you were wrong and the hurt you caused.
- Tell them how sorry you are and how much you want to fix things.
- Be honest. Tell your parents you love them.
- Take responsibility, ask for forgiveness.
- Express regret & promise that it won’t happen again.
How can I beg forgive my BF?
How to Ask for Forgiveness
- Apologize for your mistakes. . Show a clear indication of regret and specify that you are indeed sorry for what you’ve done.
- Ask him to forgive you for your mistake. .
- Understand his emotions. .
- Offer amends. .
How do you apologize for hurting someone’s feelings?
The Forgiveness Protocol
- Say you are sorry.
- Make an inventory of how your behavior might have hurt or harmed someone.
- Say you are sorry again.
- Tell the other person exactly how you understand the costs of your behavior, and allow the other person to vent, elaborate, or reiterate as needed so that the other person really feels heard.
How do you apologize to your ex for hurting them?
How to apologize to an ex… apologize for what you specifically did wrong. Don’t ever say “I know what I did wrong.” TELL the person what you know so that they can feel safe, validated, and inclined to keep listening. Ask the other person to share their experience with you and how it made them feel.
Is it better to apologize in person or text?
A text is the last option when it comes to expressing sincere remorse.” If an in-person apology isn’t possible, however, technology like FaceTime and Skype can allow for the next best thing.
Should I Apologise Even if I did nothing wrong?
Don’t apologize when you’ve done nothing wrong. That’s not your fault. Women are taught and socialized to say sorry—to feel sorry—whether they’re in the wrong or not. It’s a form of deference, and it’s a way of making ourselves smaller or just appeasing.
What is meant by my bad?
What does my bad mean in slang?
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English, and we’re finding out about the phrase ‘my bad’ which is slang for saying ‘my fault, my mistake, I’m to blame’ – but Rob just can’t bring himself to say ‘sorry’! I’m sensing ‘my bad’ is a way of apologising without actually saying sorry.