What are some examples of imagery?
What are some examples of imagery?
Here are some common examples of imagery in everyday speech:
- The autumn leaves are a blanket on the ground.
- Her lips tasted as sweet as sugar.
- His words felt like a dagger in my heart.
- My head is pounding like a drum.
- The kitten’s fur is milky.
- The siren turned into a whisper as it ended.
What is a sentence for imagery?
1 Music, mime and strong visual imagery play a strong part in the productions. 2 The poetry was bespangled with vivid imagery. 3 He argued that Shakespeare’s plays were patterns of imagery. 4 The imagery in the poem is mostly to do with death.
How do you write a rich description?
Describe with color, shape, or size words. Sprinkle in a variety of relevant key words (If you are writing a story about fishing with your Uncle Frank, then sprinkle words that a fisherman might use in your text). Use a simple comparison or simile. Use a variety of sentence lengths.
What are some good describing words?
Adjectives Describing People and Personal Qualities — Word List
- able. abnormal. above average. absent-minded.
- balanced. beautiful. below average. beneficent.
- callous. candid. cantankerous. capable.
- dainty. decisive. deep. deferential.
- eager. earnest. easy-going.
- fabulous. fastidious. ferocious.
- generous. gentle. gloomy.
- hateful. hearty. helpful.
How do you write a perfect description?
7 Tips for Writing Descriptive Sentences
- Cut out obvious descriptions.
- Use surprising words.
- Remember sensory details.
- Make use of figurative language.
- Think about who is doing the describing.
- Be wary of over-description.
- Read good examples of descriptive writing.
What are the 2 types of description?
Two Types of Description: Objective and Impressionistic.
What is a good description?
Good description is sensory. It makes the reader “see things.” A salty kiss, a dancer’s leap. Readers need to “see” what is being described or experience it through their senses. Good description often uses metaphor and other figurative language. (Though it can be overdone.
How do you start a description?
Begin with a hook first line. The first line could start in scene with a strong description of an event, place, object, or person. You could also describe the first time you experienced an event, place, object, or person. Take the reader straight into the experience so they feel immersed and engaged.
What kind of word is describe?
transitive verb. 1 : to represent or give an account of in words describe a picture The police asked her to describe the thief.
How do you describe a kind person?
You can describe someone who is kind and always thinks about other people’s feelings as thoughtful or considerate. Thank you for calling when I was sick – it was very thoughtful of you. He’s always very polite and considerate.
How do you say someone is kind?
75 Compliments to Use When You Want to Say Something Nice
- 1 Your positivity is infectious.
- 2 You should be so proud of yourself.
- 3 You’re amazing!
- 4 You’re a true gift to the people in your life.
- 5 You’re an incredible friend.
- 6 I really appreciate everything that you do.
- 7 You inspire me to be a better person.
What is a kind-hearted person?
A kind-hearted person is one who likes other people a lot and always wants to help them. Compare. hard-hearted disapproving.
What’s a good-hearted person?
adjective. (of a person) kind, caring, and generous. She is good-hearted.