What is a democracy in a sentence?
What is a democracy in a sentence?
Democracy is a system of government where the citizens of a state exercise power to rule the state, either directly or through electing representatives.
What is an example for the word democracy?
The definition of democracy is a form of government in which the common people hold political power and can rule either directly or through elected representatives. An example of democracy at work is in the United States, where people have political freedom and equality.
What is democracy in your own words?
A democracy means rule by the people. The name is used for different forms of government, where the people can take part in the decisions that affect the way their community is run. The people meet to decide about new laws, and changes to existing ones. This is usually called direct democracy.
What do you mean democracy?
Democracy: A democracy is a society in which the citizens are sovereign and control the government.
What are the three merits and demerits of democracy?
5 merits and demerits of democracy
- a democratic government is better form of government because it is more accountable form of government.
- democracy improves the quality of decision making.
- democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
- poor and least educated has the same status as the rich and educated.
What are the three demerits of democracy?
Some demerits of democracy are:
- Change in leader brings instability.
- Democracy is all about political competition and power play.
- Consultation in a democracy from many people leads to delays.
- Not knowing the best interest of the people by the elected leaders leads to bad decisions.
What is democracy what are the merits and demerits of democracy?
A democratic government is a better government because it is a more accountable form of government. Democracy improves the quality of Decision Making. Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts. Democracy allows people to correct their own mistakes.
What are the five merits of democracy?
- Equality is the basic point in democracy. It ensures equality before law.
- Fair share of all in the government making process.
- Freedom of expression to all.
- Guarantees stability to the government.
- Guarantees legitimacy to the government.
What are the five arguments against democracy?
Arguments against democracy are listed below.
- Changes in leaders contribute to instability.
- Just political conflict, no place for morality.
- Consulting more individuals contributes to delays.
- Ordinary people are unaware of what’s good for them.
- Contributes to corruption.
What are main features of democracy?
What are the key features of a democracy?
- Respect for basic human rights,
- A multi-party political system paired with political tolerance,
- A democratic voting system,
- Respect for the rule of law,
- Democratic governance, and.
- Citizen participation. Share This Video. This work is licensed under CC BY NC ND.
What are the main features of democracy Class 9?
Some of the major features of a democracy are:
- The final decision making power rests with those elected by the people.
- It must be based on a free and fair election.
- Each adult citizen must have one vote and each vote must have one value.
- It should rule within limits set by constitutional law and citizens’ rights.
What is the first feature of democracy Class 9?
A democracy is based on a free and fair election where does currently in power have a fair chance of losing. c) One Person, One Vote , One Value : In a democratic country each and every adult is provided a single word which is having equal value. It means each what must have one value then that of other.
What are the two types of democracy Class 9?
Answer: Democracy is of two types: (i) Direct Democracy and (ii) Indirect Democracy.
What are the drawbacks of democracy Class 9?
Disadvantages of democracy:
- ⏩Democracy is all about political competition and power play.
- ⏩Consultation in a democracy from many people leads to delays.
- ⏩Not knowing the best interest of the people by the elected leaders leads to bad decisions.
- ⏩Democracy leads to corruption for it is based on electoral competition.
What is the broader meaning of democracy Class 9?
Democracy is a form of Government in which the rulers are elected by the people. In a democracy, all major decisions are made by the elected leaders. Democracy should be based on the principle of one person, one vote and one value. There is Rule of Law and Respect for Rights.
How many types of democracy are there?
It includes separate indices measuring five different types of democracy: electoral democracy, liberal democracy, participatory democracy, deliberative democracy, and egalitarian democracy.
What are the outcomes of democracy?
Answer. The outcomes of democracy are: Accountable , legitimate , responsive government: Democracy ensures free and fair elections. By doing so, it helps to install an accountable, legitimate and responsive government.
What is the most important outcome of democracy?
Whenever possible and necessary, citizens should be able to participate in decision making, that affects them all. Therefore, the most basic outcome of democracy should be that it produces a government that is accountable to the citizens, and responsive to the needs and expectations of the citizens.
What are the two basic outcomes of democracy?
The basic outcome of democracy is a government responsive and accountable to its citizens. Other outcomes are economic and social outcomes which includes reduction of poverty,discrimination etc.
What are the four outcomes of democracy?
(i) A government that is chosen and accountable to the people is called democratic government. (ii) A government that is responsive to the needs of the people. (iii) Economic growth and development reducing all forms of inequality and end of poverty. (iv) Accommodating all social diversities.
How do we assess the outcomes of democracy?
How Do We Assess Democracy’s Outcomes?
- Promotes equality among citizens.
- Enhances the dignity of the individual.
- Improves the quality of decision-making.
- Provides a method to resolve conflicts.
- Allows room for correction.
Which of the following is an example of outcomes of democracy?
Which one of the following is an example of outcomes of a democracy that produces an accountable government? Open to public debates on major policies and legislation. Open in promoting economic development. Open in reducing economic inequalities.
How do we assess outcomes of democracy?
What do you mean by economic outcomes of democracy?
The economic outcomes of democracy are: It helps in eradication of various programmes and policies that are not beneficial for the people of the country. Though, economic development in democracies is not as high as dictatorship, however, it does help in reduction of economic disparities in a country.
What are the functions of democracy?
Democracies understand that one of their prime functions is to pro- tect such basic human rights as freedom of speech and religion; the right to equal protection under law; and the opportunity to organ- ize and participate fully in the political, economic, and cultural life of society.