What is a diabetologist mean?
What is a diabetologist mean?
A diabetologist is a doctor who specialises in the treatment of diabetes.
Who is the best doctor for diabetes?
Best Diabetes Specialist Doctors in India
- Rank 1. Dr. P S Lamba – Diabetes Specialist Doctor – 46 Yrs. Exp.
- Rank 2. Dr. R.C. Sharma – Diabetes Specialist Doctor – 42 Yrs.
- Rank 3. Dr. Rajendiran N – Diabetes Specialist Doctor – 38 Yrs. Exp.
- Rank 4. Dr. Sanjiv Shah – Diabetes Specialist Doctor – 38 Yrs. Exp.
- Rank 5. Dr. S. N.
Who is the best Diabetologist in Mumbai?
Following is the list of top Diabetes Specialist Doctors in Mumbai city.
- Dr. Shehla Sheikh. Diabetes Specialist Doctor – 13 Yrs.
- Dr. Dilip Shah. Diabetes Specialist Doctor – 29 Yrs.
- Dr. P S Lamba.
- Dr. Kanchan S Kewalramani.
- Dr. Mihir Raut.
- Dr. Chaitanya Yerawar.
- Dr. Nikhil Bhagwat.
- Dr. Paresh Ved.
How do I become a diabetologist?
The candidates willing to pursue a diploma in Diabetology must have an MBBS degree in relevant discipline from a Medical Council of India (MCI) approved institute. Different colleges have different cut-off requirements for the candidates’ performance in MBBS examination.
Who is the best diabetes doctor in Hyderabad?
Best Diabetologist in Hyderabad
- Dr Somnath Gupta (General Physician and Diabetologist)
- Dr. Seetharam B MBBS ( Special Interest in Diabetology )
- Dr. Dipika Aawar MBBS (General Physician and Diabetologist)
- Dr. Sanjoy Paul MBBS General Physician, ( Special Interest in Diabetology )
- Dr. Mohd.
What is the difference between endocrinologist and diabetologist?
The key distinction between Diabetologist and Endocrinologist. Diabetologists treat solely Diabetic patients whereas Endocrinologists provide treatment for the patients having medical specialty issues. To become a Diabetologist one must have M.D degree generally medication.
Who is the best endocrinologist in Hyderabad?
Top Endocrinologists in Hyderabad
- Dr. Sreedevi Patnala (MBBS, MD-general medicine, DM-endocrinology)
- Dr. Rajwanth Pratap Mathur.
- Dr. Griddaluru Veera Chanukya ( MBBS, DM-Endocrinology)
- Dr. Sridevi Paladugu (MBBS, DM-Endocrinology)
- 2 thoughts on “Top Endocrinologists in Hyderabad” Reply.
What does endocrinologist mean?
Endocrinology is the study of medicine that relates to the endocrine system, which is the system that controls hormones. Endocrinologists are specially trained physicians who diagnose diseases related to the glands.
Why would you need to see an endocrinologist?
Endocrinologists are qualified to diagnose and treat conditions like diabetes, thyroid diseases, infertility, growth issues, metabolic disorders, osteoporosis, some cancers, and disorders in the hormone-producing adrenal glands and pituitary glands.
What diseases do endocrinologists treat?
Endocrinologists treat individuals with endocrine conditions and disorders such as:
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Thyroid dysfunction.
- Obesity or Adiposity-Based Chronic Disease (ABCD)
- Adrenal disorders.
- Lipid disorders.
- Metabolic abnormalities.
- Growth disorders.
When should a woman see an endocrinologist?
When you are facing a diagnosis of a hormonal condition, like diabetes or thyroid disease, your doctor may suggest you see an endocrinologist. You may be wondering why you need to see a specialist instead of simply sticking with your primary doctor.
What are symptoms of endocrine disorders?
Endocrine disorders are diseases related to the endocrine glands of the body….Common symptoms of Addison’s disease
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin (bronze appearance)
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose)
- Loss of appetite.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
How do you know if your hormones are imbalanced?
Symptoms of a hormonal imbalance specific to females include: heavy or irregular periods, including missed periods, a stopped period, or a frequent period. hirsutism, or excessive hair on the face, chin, or other parts of the body. acne on the face, chest, or upper back.
What kind of tests do endocrinologists do?
Your endocrinologist may request imaging exams to look at your endocrine system function. Thyroid ultrasound imaging may be used to look at your thyroid’s structure. A fine-needle aspiration can help rule out cancer in a thyroid nodule. A thyroid scan shows the size, shape and function of the thyroid gland.
What is the best way to diagnose an endocrine disorder?
Blood and urine tests to check your hormone levels can help your doctors determine if you have an endocrine disorder. Imaging tests may be done to help locate or pinpoint a nodule or tumor.
What procedures do endocrinologists perform?
Endocrine surgery types
- Adrenalectomy – removal of the entire adrenal gland.
- Parathyroidectomy – removal of the entire parathyroid gland.
- Thyroidectomy – removal of the entire thyroid gland.
- Thyroid lobectomy – removal of one lobe of the thyroid gland.
How do I prepare for an endocrinologist visit?
Get a notebook and prepare a list of information to give to your doctor:
- Write down all of the symptoms that you’re experiencing, even if they don’t seem related to diabetes.
- Write down your blood sugar values.
- Make a list of important changes that have occurred in your life recently.
What questions does an endocrinologist ask?
- Why you might see an endocrinologist.
- Before your appointment.
- Is my diabetes under control?
- What do the test results mean – and what remains unknown?
- Is my fatigue – or any other issue – actually hormone-related?
- What are the side effects of the medications I need to take?
Can an endocrinologist help me lose weight?
Endocrinologists, who are specialists in hormones and metabolism, can help assess the cause of your obesity and the possible complications. They also can direct how you should be treated and prescribe and monitor your medications. Don’t expect overnight results with a weight loss plan. There are no quick fixes.
What tests will an endocrinologist do for thyroid?
If it’s especially difficult to determine what’s causing your hypothyroidism, your endocrinologist might order follow-up tests to rule out other diseases that could be affect the production of thyroid hormone. These diagnostic tests could include an ultrasound, MRI, CT scan, or a needle biopsy.
Who is the best doctor for thyroid?
An endocrinologist is the best person to treat thyroid-related health problems. These problems could be either overactive (Hyperthyroidism) or underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism ), thyroid nodules, enlarged thyroid gland (goitre ), thyroiditis and thyroid cancer.
Can a primary care physician treat thyroid?
A: Most patients with thyroid disease can be handled very well by a primary care physician.
What foods are bad for thyroid?
Which nutrients are harmful?
- Soy foods: tofu, tempeh, edamame, etc.
- Certain vegetables: cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower, spinach, etc.
- Fruits and starchy plants: sweet potatoes, cassava, peaches, strawberries, etc.
- Nuts and seeds: millet, pine nuts, peanuts, etc.
What are signs of thyroid issues?
What common symptoms can happen with thyroid disease?
- Experiencing anxiety, irritability and nervousness.
- Having trouble sleeping.
- Losing weight.
- Having an enlarged thyroid gland or a goiter.
- Having muscle weakness and tremors.
- Experiencing irregular menstrual periods or having your menstrual cycle stop.
What happens if hypothyroidism is left untreated?
If left untreated, though, hypothyroidism can lead to many complications. These include heart problems, nerve injury, infertility and in severe cases, death.
What are early warning signs of hyperthyroid problems?
- Unintentional weight loss, even when your appetite and food intake stay the same or increase.
- Rapid heartbeat (tachycardia) — commonly more than 100 beats a minute.
- Irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Pounding of your heart (palpitations)
- Increased appetite.
- Nervousness, anxiety and irritability.