What is caste example?
What is caste example?
The definition of caste is a system of hierarchical social classes, or a specific social class of people. When you are of a high social status, this is an example of your caste. The Brahmins are an example of a caste in the Hindu culture.
What is caste in simple words?
Caste is a form of social stratification characterized by endogamy, hereditary transmission of a style of life which often includes an occupation, ritual status in a hierarchy, and customary social interaction and exclusion based on cultural notions of purity and pollution.
What are the 5 castes?
Indian society was divided into five castes:
- Brahmins: the priestly caste. After their religious role decreased they became the caste of officialdom.
- Kshatriya: warrior caste.
- Vaisya: the commoner caste.
- Sudras: represented the great bulk of the Indian population.
- Untouchables: descendants of slaves or prisoners.
How do you use the word category in a sentence?
Examples of category in a Sentence The cars belong to the same category. Taxpayers fall into one of several categories. She competed for the award in her age category.
What is an example of category?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. An example of category is food that is made from grains. A class or division in a scheme of classification. Any of the various basic concepts into which all knowledge can be classified.
What is a sentence for component?
Examples of component in a Sentence Noun the components of an electric circuit He sells spare computer components.
What are the five main parts of a sentence?
Basic Sentence Structure
- BASIC SENTENCE STRUCTURE.
- The subject of a sentence is the person, place, or thing that is performing the action of the sentence.
- The predicate expresses action or being within the sentence.
- DIRECT OBJECT.
- The direct object receives the action of the sentence.
- INDIRECT OBJECT.
What two things does every sentence need?
Components of a Sentence Clearly written, complete sentences require key information: a subject, a verb and a complete idea. A sentence needs to make sense on its own. Sometimes, complete sentences are also called independent clauses. A clause is a group of words that may make up a sentence.