How do you remember the difference between then and than?
A good trick to keep track of these words is that then is usually used to indicate time. Both then and time have a letter “E” in them. Than is used to make comparisons. Both than and comparison have a letter “A” in them.
What does then mean?
at that time
Is it more then or more than?
More than is a phrasal preposition. Use it when referring to an amount of something that is greater than another amount. More then cannot be used as a phrasal preposition. It has no real uses in modern English.
What are the 3 different yours?
- your – possessive, the thing belonging to you. See how it ends in “our”? Use that as a reminder. When it belongs to us, it’s our thing. When it belongs to you, it’s your thing.
- you’re – a contraction of the words “you are”. The apostrophe is your signal that the word can be split into two words.
Is it your pretty or you’re pretty?
You’re is a contraction of “you are,” as in “You’re cute” (or “You are cute”). Contractions combine two words and usually use an apostrophe (‘). Contractions like you’re are very common in spoken English. Your is a possessive adjective.
Is it your or you’re welcome?
YOUR is a possessive pronoun. There is nothing possessive in YOUR welcome so you can’t use it in this instance. The correct answer is YOU’RE. YOU’RE is a contraction for YOU ARE and the technical phrase is YOU ARE WELCOME.
Is it okay to say you’re welcome?
When you do a favor, and someone says “thank you,” the automatic response is “you’re welcome.” It’s a basic rule of politeness, and it signals that you accept the expression of gratitude—or that you were happy to help. But according to one leading psychologist, this isn’t the best choice of words
Is it rude not to say you’re welcome?
It is not rude not to say “you’re welcome” after a compliment. When “thank you” is the initiating phrase, your response should be “you’re welcome” or any substitute of that which seems most appropriate; however, when the initiating phrase is a compliment, “you’re welcome” becomes the response.
What is the reply for thank you?
You’re welcome. No problem. No worries. Don’t mention it.
Can I say thank you too?
As Richard Urwin says, you can’t say thank you too often! If both you and the other person have mutually done something nice for one another, then “Thank you too” is good. If you alone have done the favour, then “You’re welcome” is better.
What do we say after welcome?
Besides “You’re welcome,” we’re most likely to say “No problem!” when someone thanks us. Be sure to stress “pro-” — no PROblem — and say that whole phrase with friendly intonation: No problem! No problem!
How do you respond to Sorry?
5 English Phrases to Respond to an Apology
- That’s OK.
- It happens.
- No problem.
- Don’t worry about it.
- I forgive you. (for serious problems)
When a girl says thank you what do you say?
1. You are welcome. This is the standard response to a person saying thank you. It can be official or informal, like with, “You’re welcome!”
How do you respond to love?
Alternative Responses To I Love You
- I love you way more.
- Thank you for loving me.
- I am so obsessed with you.
- There is nothing better than hearing you say that.
- You make the world a better place.
- No, I love you!
- You are the only person who can make me smile constantly.
How do you reply to you are the best?
A few common responses to compliments are “you’re welcome”, “no problem”, “my pleasure” or “glad I could help”. The best of all is ” My Pleasure”. because it suggests that you accepted the opportunity and tried your best to help and solve the issue and gave the best solution that really worked for the person.
How do you respond to why are you so cute?
Funny Replies to “Why Are You So Cute?”
- I know right!
- If you think flattery will get you anywhere, then you’re up to something.
- That’s because you have good taste.
- I don’t know.
- I’m actually an anime character.
- Ah, the alcoholic drink I gave you is finally working.
- Thank you, my number one fan!
- Oh, stop it you!
What do you say when a guy calls you pretty?
Sweet Tips On What To Say To Your Boyfriend When He Calls You Beautiful
- 0.1 1. You Are So Hot.
- 0.2 2. You Are The Most Handsome Guy I’ve Ever Known.
- 0.3 3. You Are So Kind.
- 0.4 4. You Are So Smart.
- 0.5 5. I Am So Lucky To Be Yours.
- 0.6 6. You Make Me Feel So Special.
- 0.7 7. You Are Sweeping Me Off My Feet.
- 0.8 8.
When people say your the best?
This is an expression of appreciation. “You’re the best” could be said as a way to make bold statement after receiving something helpful from you. If you do a guy a favor and you succeed in accomplishing what he was asking you for, then him saying “You’re the best” means that you just hit the bullseye.
How do you know if someone is secretly in love with you?
- 9 Behaviors Of Someone Who Is Secretly In Love With You.
- They immediately jump to your defense.
- They seem to find you fascinating.
- You seem to run into them on a regular basis.
- They find any excuse to touch you in social situations.
- They create in-jokes that only the two of you appreciate.
What is the reply of all the best?
Said as a good wish: Say “ Thanks,” “Thanks a lot,” “I really need it,” “I am glad you said that.” Said as a challenge: Say “to you too,” “wait and watch,” “no thanks,” “I don’t need it,” or “You need it more.” Hope that helps.
How do you respond when someone says who are you?
The Top Ten Answers To The Question: “Who Are You?”
- Hakai – “I used to know, but then YOU happened.”
- Tirikya – “I am your worst enemy, yet the best lover you ever had.”
- No name – “I’m the one who gets you UP during HARD times.”
- Queen Joanne – “I’m the girl you really loved but never fought for.”
How do you respond to how are you when you’re not OK?
How do you respond when someone asks you that question? #1 You can say “Yes, I’m fine, thanks,” even if you’re not OK, and be done with it. #2 You can be honest about how you feel and open up to someone who may not really want to hear about your problems.
Who am I answer examples?
I feel as though I have lost myself and hopefully writing this will help me find myself again.
- Who am I? This is what I know right now.
- I am quirky.
- I love with everything in me.
- I am strong willed and independent.
- I am very competitive.
- I tell my family everything.
- I help others.
- I am extremely hardworking.
How do you respond to how’s everything?
Fine, thanks, Excellent, Terrific, Great, Good, Not bad, So so, OK, Not great, Not so good, Terrible, Don’t ask….One may use the following:
- Everything is great. Thank you.
- All is well. Thanks for asking.
- Life is awesome. How about you?
- Going great as always.
What is the reply for Hope you are doing well?
I am very well, thanks, and hope you are as well. I am very well, thanks. I hope it is the same with you too. (Ignore it completely.)
How is everyone at home or everyone?
How is everyone at home? is a polite, acceptable way to ask about how the other person’s family and household is doing. You could also ask directly: How is your family? Informally, “How is everyone?” works fine if you’re familiar enough with the person’s family as not to require clarification.
Is everyone’s correct grammar?
2 Answers. As Robusto says, you should use everyone’s. Neither everyones’ nor everyones is a word. Note that everyone is always singular and cannot be pluralized, which means everyones is incorrect.