How do you use dissemble?
How do you use dissemble?
Dissemble in a Sentence ?
- Her plan was to dissemble her intentions from her husband so she could successfully plan him a surprise party.
- Rather than answer the reporter’s questions directly, the politician chose to dissemble his responses.
- The con man did his best to dissemble his real motives from the wealthy widow.
Is dissemble a word?
verb hide, act, pretend, bluff, be dishonest, dissimulate, conceal or hide or mask your feelings He was not slow to dissemble when it served his purpose.
Is dissemble a verb?
verb (used with object), dis·sem·bled, dis·sem·bling. to give a false or misleading appearance to; conceal the truth or real nature of: to dissemble one’s incompetence in business. to put on the appearance of; feign: to dissemble innocence.
What is the noun form of dissemble?
dissemblance. (countable) An act of dissembling. (uncountable) Dissembling, as a kind of behavior; dissembling, generally.
What means dissemble?
intransitive verb. : to put on a false appearance : conceal facts, intentions, or feelings under some pretense He had dissembled about the risks involved.
What is an example of deceive?
Deceive is defined as to make someone believe something that isn’t true. An example of deceive is a parent telling their child there is a tooth fairy. To make (a person) believe what is not true; delude; mislead. To use deceit; lie.
What is a word that sounds like what it means?
What is repetition of vowel sounds?
Repetition of vowel sounds is called assonance.
How do we describe sound?
Sounds are often described as loud or soft; high-pitched or low-pitched. Scientists, on the other hand, describe sounds with characteristics that can be measured using instruments. Scientists measure intensity and amplitude, which can be related to the common words loud and soft.
How do we produce sound?
Sound is produced when an object vibrates, creating a pressure wave. As the particles vibrate, they move nearby particles, transmitting the sound further through the medium. The human ear detects sound waves when vibrating air particles vibrate small parts within the ear.
How do you describe a person example?
He has brown eyes. or His eyes are brown. She has blue eyes. or Her eyes are blue. They have dark brown eyes. or Their eyes are dark brown. I have short, black, straight hair. or My hair is short, black, and straight.
How do you describe an essay?
Describe Provide a detailed explanation as to how and why something happens. Discuss Essentially this is a written debate where you are using your skill at reasoning, backed up by carefully selected evidence to make a case for and against an argument, or point out the advantages and disadvantages of a given context.
How do you write a good description?
7 Tips for Writing Descriptive Sentences
- Cut out obvious descriptions.
- Use surprising words.
- Remember sensory details.
- Make use of figurative language.
- Think about who is doing the describing.
- Be wary of over-description.
- Read good examples of descriptive writing.
How do you write a good descriptive essay?
How to Write a Descriptive Essay
- Choose a specific topic. Strong descriptive essays remain focused at all times.
- Compile information.
- Make an outline.
- Write the introductory paragraph.
- Write body paragraphs.
- Summarize the essay in the concluding paragraph.
- Look for ways to enliven your language.