Is desire a French name?
Is desire a French name?
Désirée, Desiree, or Desirée is a female given name. It originates from the French word désirée, meaning desired. The Puritans used the name Desire as a given name for females. The male form is Désiré.
What is a envie in French?
To feel like / want in French, you can use the expression avoir envie de [quelque chose] (literally to have desire/want of [something]).
Is Desiree a Spanish name?
Desiree – Meaning of Desiree The name is derived from the French desiree which is ultimately of the Latin root word desiderium (meaning ‘longing, desire’). Desiree is the feminine form of the Italian and Spanish Desiderio.
Is Desiree a biblical name?
Desiree is baby girl name mainly popular in Christian religion and its main origin is Latin. Desiree name meanings is Longed for. People search this name as Biblical names desiree. Other similar sounding names can be Desirae.
What are nicknames for Desiree?
- Origin: French. Meaning: “much desired”
- Best Nicknames: Des, Desi, Desie, Dez, Dezi, Dezie, Rae.
- Variations and Sound Alikes: Desarae, Desaree, Deseray, Desideria, Desir,
- Desiree TV and Movie Quotes: “Envy is an ugly shade for you, Desiree.
- Famous people named Desiree or its variations.
Is Desiree a rare name?
A few facts about the girl’s name Desiree: Records indicate that 79,460 girls in the United States have been named Desiree since 1880. The greatest number of people were given this name in 1983, when 2,908 people in the U.S. were given the name Desiree.
What nationality is Desiree?
How is the name Desiree pronounced?
You pronounced it as ‘d eh z – uh – r ai ‘ The ‘ai’ as in ‘pain’….Pronounce Names.
|Submitted from:||Columbus, Ohio, United States of America|
|Pronunciation:||Dez-uh-RAY This is the right way to pronounce it. My name is Desiree.|
|Your browser does not support the audio element.|
|Full Screen YouTube|
|Type of Name:||First Name|
Is desire a girl name?
Desire as a girl’s name is of French origin meaning “much desired”.
What does the name desirae mean?
What does desired mean?
yearned or wished for; coveted. deemed correct or proper; selected; required: The chef added stock until the sauce reached the desired consistency.
What are the 5 spelling rules?
- Every word has at least one vowel.
- Every syllable has one vowel.
- C can say /k/ or /s/.
- G can say /g/ or /j/.
- Q is always followed by a u (queen).
- Double the consonants f, l, and s at the end of a one-syllable word that has just one vowel (stiff, spell, pass).