What are different ways to say well done?
What are different ways to say well done?
21 ways to say “well done”
- I’m proud you’re on my team.
- Congratulations on a terrific job.
- You’re so helpful. Thank you.
- You continually improve. Well done.
- Thanks so much for your consistent effort.
- I really admire your perseverance.
- Your cheerful mood lifts the team’s spirit.
- You’re a champion.
Is it correct to say very well done?
‘Very good’ as a congratulation is correct actually. It’s saying what you have done is very good. While ‘very well’ is saying you did it very well.
How do you say good job in a better way?
Here is the list of 100 alternative phrases to say instead of good job or very good:
- You’re on the right track now!
- You’ve got it made.
- That’s right!
- That’s good.
- I’m very proud of you.
- You’re really working hard today.
- You are very good at that.
- That’s coming along nicely.
How do you praise a good job?
The Top 20 Employee Compliments
- “Having you on the team makes a huge difference.”
- “You always find a way to get it done – and done well.”
- “It’s really admirable how you always see projects through from conception to completion.”
- “Thank you for always speaking up in team meetings and providing a unique perspective.”
How do you say I am good in a better way?
Ways to say that you are well – Elementary
- I’m fine thank you.
- I feel great / marvellous / fine.
- Couldn’t be better.
- Fit as a fiddle.
- Very well, thanks.
- Not bad.
Is saying good for you rude?
The US English phrase Good for you! is an informal way to say congratulations. Using Good for you! sarcastically would be very, very rude of course. You would know it is sarcasm from the unpleasant sound of the person’s voice.
How do you say rude in a nice way?
Top Five Ways to Say Something Rude… Politely
- Turn it into a compliment!
- Diss yourself in the process!
- Disguise it in a rant!
- Make it seem like a good thing… Sort of. Ex.: You spit when you talk! —->
- Make them feel guilty, but do it nicely! Ex.: I hate it when you text other people when you talk to me. —–>
Is K rude in texting?
According to the first page of Google results about ‘texting K’, society views receiving this message as akin to a one-letter insult. It’s seen as something that we send when we’re mad, frustrated, or otherwise want to put an end to a conversation. “K” is rude, dismissive, or cold.
How do you tell someone they are rude in a nice way?
Strategy 3: Be calm and assertive
- When you say…
- When you say things like that I don’t want to continue the conversation.
- I need you to speak in a more respectful way.
- I am finding your words hurtful and I need you to consider my feelings.
- I will give you time to calm down.
- I find that really rude, and it’s not okay.
What do you say to a rude customer?
Make sure to be polite but firm. You can say something like, “I understand your disappointment, and I’m really sorry, but there’s nothing we can do about the issue.” The customer may get more upset, but they will most likely recognize they are defeated and leave after they feel they said their piece.
How do you say no to a customer?
7 Tips on How to Say No to Customers
- Ask for clarification.
- Explain what’s going to happen next.
- Be honest.
- Reframe the “no” using positive language.
- Make the customer feel heard.
- Offer alternatives.
- Explain the reasoning behind the current design.
What to do if a customer insults you?
Use positive interaction to resolve the situation. Stay calm, smile, keep your voice pleasant and maintain comfortable eye contact with the customer. Extend understanding about whatever is upsetting the customer.
How do you refuse a rude customer?
Keep these quick tips in mind:
- Don’t take it personally, even if a rude customer gets personal.
- Never mistake an unhappy customer for a rude customer.
- Remember that people say things online that they would never say in person.
Can you refuse to sell to a customer?
When refusing a customer is illegal There are many anti-discrimination laws at the federal, state, and local level. Chief among these is the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which forbids discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in public accommodations.
Why customers are so rude?
Customers want to feel like they’re being heard. Customers expect more from the businesses they choose to spend their money with. If customers feel like they aren’t being heard, they are likely to make their feelings known, both in person and online. Unfortunately, this displeasure is often expressed in rude ways.
Can you be fired for being rude to a customer?
They can fire you for any reason they want (except for a few protected classes). But being rude to a customer is a good reason for firing someone. But overall, you can be fired for being rude to a customer, even if you weren’t or even if you don’t think you were, or even if “they deserved it.”
What is aggressive customer?
Aggressive customers tend to be unreasonable and/or unpredictable. They may make impossible demands, refuse to acknowledge timeframes or accept your process. They may be argumentative, use personal insults or inappropriate comments to get their point across or shout or make threatening gestures.
How do you handle a dominant customer?
10 strategies for dealing with difficult customers
- First and foremost, listen.
- Build rapport through empathy.
- Lower your voice.
- Respond as if all your customers are watching.
- Know when to give in.
- Stay calm.
- Don’t take it personally.
- Remember that you’re interacting with a human.