Romantic Spanish Phrases
Although love has its unique universal language, if you are trying to conquest someone’s heart with a passionate Spanish spark, you may want to try out the following Castilian romantic phrases from around the world.
Basic Pick-up Lines in Spanish
These basic Spanish phrases will help you to greet people, break the ice, and start small talk.
Flattering Romantic Spanish Phrases
These romantic Spanish phrases will help you to sweet-talk the one you are in love with.
- Que bonitos ojos tienes – You have beautiful eyes
- ¡Te ves hermosa! – You look beautiful!
- ¡Qué guapo te ves! – You look so handsome!
- Como tú, ninguna – There is no one like you
Spanish Love Phrases
When you are ready to confess your feelings make use of any of the following expressions. Remember the use of feminine and masculine so pick the right choice accordingly.
Estoy enamorado/enamorada – I am in love
- Me gustas – I like you
- Me encantas – I like you a lot
- Me fascinas – I am fascinated with you
- Me apasionas – I am passionated about you
- Me complementas – You complement me
- Me hipnotizas – You mesmerize me
- Me flechaste – I have a crush on you
- Me traes loco – I am crazy about you
- Me haces muy feliz – You make me happy
- Me molas mucho (Spain) – I really like you
How to Say “I LOVE YOU” in Spanish
Below you can see different ways to say ‘I love you’ in Spanish.
- Te quiero – I love you
- Te amo – I love you (more romantic)
- Te adoro – I adore you
To answer back:
- Yo también te amo – I love you too
- Yo también te quiero – I love you too
When in doubt, just ask:
- ¿Me quieres? – Do you love me?
- ¿Cuánto me quieres? – How much do you love me?
- ¿Me amas? – Do you love me?
- ¿Cuánto me amas? – How much do you love?
- Demúestrame que me amas – Show me that you love me
These are some possible answers:
- Te quiero tanto – I love you so much
- Te quiero cada día un poco más – Everyday I love you a Little more
- Te quiero de aquí hasta la luna – I love you to the Moon and back
- Te quiero infinitamente – I love you infinitely
- Te amo sin freno – I love you no matter what
- Te amo sin control – I love you without boundaries
- Mi amor por ti no tiene límites – My love for you has no limits
Tell Someone How Special They Are in Spanish
All these romantic phrases in Spanish start with ‘you are’ regardless if you are talking to a man or a woman, but keep in mind that the adjectives should correspond to the gender.
Eres la dueña de mis quincenas – No direct translation.
Note: In México working men usually get paid every two weeks, this payment is referred to as ‘quincena’. ‘Dueña’ means ‘owner’. This phrase is used to express that a woman owns a man’s heart and wallet!
The Big Questions
If you are sure and feel confident to pop the big question practice these phrases.
- ¿Tienes novio/a? – Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
- ¿Te gustaría salir conmigo? – Would you like to go out with me?
- ¿Quieres ser mi novio/a? – Do you want to be my boyfriend/girlfriend?
- ¿Te casarías conmigo? – Will you marry me?
- ¿Quieres ser mi hombre/mujer? – Will you be my man/woman?
Romantic Spanish Phrases for Beginners
‘Una promesa de amor’ is the promise of eternal love.
- Juntos hasta el fin del mundo – Together to the end of the world
- Contigo hasta el final – I´ll be with you to the end
- Contigo quiero envejecer – I want to grow old with you
- Quiero envejecer a tu lado – I want to grow old by your side
- Contigo me saqué la lotería – I won the lottery with you
- Quiero ser tu media naranja – I want to be your other half
- Quiero estar contigo para siempre – I want to be with you for ever
- Tú y yo juntos por siempre – You and me forever and ever
- Tú y yo contra el mundo – You and me against the world
- Venga lo que venga – Come what may
More Spanish Love Phrases
In case you need more ways to express your love have a look that these Spanish love phrases.
- Somos uno para el otro – We are meant for each other
- Sin ti no puedo vivir – I can´t live without you
- Sin ti mi vida no tiene sentido – Without you my life has no meaning
- Tú sí sabes quererme – You know how to love me
- Nunca había sentido algo así – I never felt this way before
- No puedo dejar de pensar en ti – I can´t stop thinking about you
- Tú le das sentido a mi existencia – You give meaning to my life
- Mi corazón te necesita – My heart needs you
- Cupido me dio un flechazo – Cupid gave me a crush
- El amor no tiene fronteras – Love has no boundaries
- El amor no tiene edad – Love has no age
- Te robaste mi corazón – You stole my heart
Spanish Love Phrases For Women
Here we tell you how to call your Spanish lady in a loving way.
- Amor mío – My LOVE
- Amor de mis amores – The love of my life
- Mi amor – My love
- Mi reina – My queen
- Mi princesa – My princess
- Mi muñeca – My doll
- Mi chica – My girl
- Mi mujer – My woman
- Mi novia – My girlfriend
- Mi eñora – My lady
- Mi amada – My darling
- Mi querida – My dear
- Mi pareja – My partner
- Mi complemento – My complement
- Mi media naranja – My better half
- Mi otra mitad – My other half
- Mi cómplice – My partner in crime
- Mi corazón de melón – My heart
In some Latin American countries like Mexico it is common to call girlfriends by using adjectives such as ‘gorda’ (fat), ‘flaca’ (skinny), ‘chica’ (small) or ‘chaparra’ (short).
Which, when directly translated to English, may seem like an offense. However, these are very popular and are usually expressed with the diminutive ‘ita’, pronounced with a tender intonation as a show of true love.
- Mi gordita
- Mi flaquita
- Mi chiquita
- Mi chaparrita
Spanish Love Quotes
These are amont the most famous Spanish love quotes:
“Of all the risks that have run for you, the only one that has never run is the one of not having done it”.
Angeles Mastretta , Mal de amores
“Love has a thirst for the absolute. I do not mean his possessive character, but the need to share everything and know the other, as far as that is possible. “
Juan Villoro , Conference on rain
“Love as you can, love who you can, love everything you can. Do not worry about the purpose of your love. “
“I’m not afraid of anything, but I still can not explain myself because I tremble every time I see you.”
“There are things that we feel in the skin, others that we see with the eyes, others that no longer beat us in the heart.”
“For the one who really loves, absence does not exist properly. He always carries within himself the absent person, and he knows that being far away is something transitory. That the affect on the other hand is constant “
Juan José Arreola
“(Love) is not a physical remedy, it is not a vaccine: it is a paradigm, an ideal of life founded on freedom and on delivery”
Octavio Paz, The double flame
“Think of your look and my forgetting leaving the thought dilated through your eyes”.
Ali Chumacero, The forgotten thought
“Let’s see if someday my fingers touch yours … Incandescent tuna. Eagle without wings, Serpent of stars, Here it touched us. What can we do. In the most transparent region of the air”.
Here are a few more ways to woo the object of your affection:
Read some love poems from Mexican poet Amado Nervo.
Look at 20 love quotes from great Spanish speaking writers.
‘Piropos’ are witty compliments in Castilian, generally addressed to women that you need to know about. Check out these popular piropos from Spain and these piropos from the Golden Age of Mexican Cinema.
If you are keen to read poetry in Spanish check out the work of any of these great Hispano American poets: Gabriela Mistral (Chile), Pablo Neruda (Chile), Amado Nervo (México), Antonio Machado (España), Federico García Lorca (España), Francisco de Quevedo (España), Jaime Sabines (México), Rubén Darío (Nicaragua), Mario Benedetti (Uruguay), José Martí (Cuba), Miguel de Unamuno (España), and Julio Cortázar (Argentina).
Learn more Spanish love phrases — along with other parts of the language — in our FREE Spanish Survival Crash Course!